As a junior software developer, you’ll be working together with the core team and software lead to create and execute on the software product roadmap. You will be responsible for building, testing and maintaining all parts of the software and its infrastructure. We are looking for a team player who learns fast, is flexible and who can think and contribute independently. We love to work with talented people with a strong desire to become better at the craft. You do not need to have extensive work experience but you should have the desire and motivation to learn continuously and solve hard problems.
Junior software engineers at Urban Oasis are entrusted with great responsibility and great opportunities.
The software supports the farm operators in their daily work, gathers and analysis data, and will eventually include farm automation.
The tech stack is currently Postgres, kotlin (Spring Boot, exposed) in the backend, typescript with React in the frontend and all of it running on AWS (RDS and ECS). The tech stack is not set in stone and we are open to changing it as our understanding of the best available technologies evolve.
- Database design and operation (SQL)
- Backend web application infrastructure (experience in some web application framework like spring boot, express, django etc.)
- Cloud infrastructure (pref. AWS but not a must)
Self-driven, pro-active individual
- Relentlessly resourceful
- Great communicator
What we offer:
Full time position based in Stockholm
- Stock options program
- Meaningful contribution to a more sustainable food system
- Venturing into exciting new territory with cutting edge technology
- Influence the strategic orientation of the company
- Personal and professional growth non-stop
- Social gatherings, flexible work hours and a driven team